L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick - I Pink You're Cute - Swatches and pictures

L'Oreal I Pink You're Cute Colour Riche Lipstick

Just one of the many new collections from L'Oreal, this is part of their "pink" line. Forgive me, but I just cannot remember the name of the collection! I was browsing around the drugstore, and I saw a new display for a pink collection carrying lipsticks, lip glosses, nail polish and a few other things. It is very reminiscent of the Denim Collection which had many blue shades, but this time, this has an array of shades of pink!
I also cannot find of trace of this collection online anywhere at the moment, so I believe they are not supposed to be launched at this current date. BUT, I did find on Target that they did have these Colour Riche Lipstick pink shades here: http://www.target.com/p/l-oreal-colour-riche-lipstick/-/A-14589814, which contains 8 lipsticks!
I started browsing the lipsticks, because you can never have too many pink lipsticks. They had categorized the lipsticks in light tones, medium and deep. I Pink You're Cute was categorized in the light shades, and I immediately knew I had to get it because I thought it was a perfect, BRIGHT, pinky coral. But this quickly changed as soon as I got home and tried it on.

L'Oreal I Pink You're Cute Colour Riche Lipstick

The bottoms have the typical label with the color corresponding in the tube, but this time, it has "NEW" labeled above the color number.

L'Oreal I Pink You're Cute Colour Riche Lipstick
The pictures and in real life seem to appear a pinky-coral color, which is what I fell in love with at the store. I thought it'd be perfect for this summer. I also thought it'd be opaque and creamy with one swipe. 

L'Oreal I Pink You're Cute Colour Riche Lipstick

L'Oreal I Pink You're Cute Colour Riche Lipstick Swatch
Fluorescent lighting
L'Oreal I Pink You're Cute Colour Riche Lipstick Swatch
Direct sunlight
If you view the picture below, you can see why I was disappointed with the color. The color on my lips and the swatch appear much more cool toned than the color in the tube. Definitely not what I was expecting. Also, the texture reminds me more of a balm. It is very moisturizing and creamy, but I think it has the properties more of a Revlon Lip Butter, or Maybelline Color Whisper. I did have to build this color up to get the maximum opacity. I do own other Colour Riche Lipsticks, but the textures of those do not seem to match this one. It does appear very shiny like a gloss, but if you accidentally scratch the color with your finger nail, it will scrape right off. It has slight slippery texture.

L'Oreal I Pink You're Cute Colour Riche Lipstick Swatch

Overall, if I could go back, I would not repurchase this. I don't know if the others in the collection mimic this, but I do not think I am willing to try more because the other colors did not stand out to me, honestly. I do think the product itself is okay, but not great for what it is/marketed as(Colour Riche Lipstick).
Do you own this or anything else in this pink collection? Let me know what you think! 


Follow on Bloglovin
Follow me on bloglovin' to stay updated with me! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment