Maybelline Fit Me Shine Free Gel Stick Foundation - Review & Swatches


Just one of Maybelline's newest releases: A new member to the Fit Me family of products. This foundation comes in a stick form, which is entirely new to me personally, so I was rather excited to see a drugstore stick foundation considering there are close to none at the drugstore. 


As you all may know by now from my foundation reviews, I am in the shade NC30 in MAC Cosmetics. I have already owned previous Fit Me products, so I went with 220 Natural Beige. As you will see later on in the review, this shade is just a touch too light. But it isn't a problem considering I can use a slightly darker powder to set it. Plus adding blush and bronzer would bring back so much color and dimension to my face. I didn't add blush and bronzer in the following pictures, just to get a feel for the foundation on its own.

The Maybelline Fit Me Shine Free Gel Stick Foudation is available in 12, oil-free shades.



The foundation pigment is on the outside of the stick, whereas in the core center lies the ingredient that gives this foundation its claim of "anti-shine". 

Keep in mind this stick is rather small. I was surprised to see the size in person because I had seen reviews online, and the sticks looked rather a decent size. Although, this product is fairly affordable at $5.99, more or less depending on where you purchase it. 


Continuing with its size, when twisted up all the way, you only get about an inch and a half of product. But application does not require a ton of product to build up coverage, so this foundation should last a few months depending on frequency of use.


Onto texture, this stick is unbelievably creamy. It keeps true to its gel-like claim and blends like a dream. Blendability is definitely not an issue. But as you can see in the swatch, the product seems to have a sheen, which surprised me because this product is supposed to be shine-free.

If you have tried the original Fit Me foundation, then you should be aware of the gel like formula and the shine it leaves on your face. Also, if you are familiar with the Fit Me powder, then you should now it has a bit of sheen to it. This foundation is no different. I suppose natural radiance is a big part of the Fit Me line. 

 If I were to complain about one aspect of this foundation, it would be its claim to be shine free. I can assure you after application, you will need to set it with a powder if you have oily skin. If you have dry skin, you will love this because I found it did not cling to my dry patches and it gives a nice natural radiance to the skin. Overtime though, it does get rather shiny, so you may need to blot your T-Zone. I do suggest as with EVERY foundation application, that you prep your skin accordingly, and moisturize well, regardless of skin type.


I was also surprised by the coverage of this foundation. It is buildable. You can start off sheer, or work your way up to full if you desired to. It did make my skin look airbrushed and I absolutely loved that about this product! My hyperpigmentation was covered as well as the redness on my skin. This is excellent for evening out skin tone. If you have tough spots to cover, I suggest going in with a concealer for added coverage if you really need it.

Overall I really do like this product, but I do not think it will be a summer foundation for me. This is a Fall 2013 release for Maybelline, so I think I shall save this for the colder whether. It recently has been 80 degrees+ where I live, which is very hot, so foundations have been melting off of my face. I think this would be suitable for fall and winter where my skin tends to be more on the dry side. I do not suggest this for a specific skin type due to the fact that people all have their own preferences, but if I were to, I would lean this more towards normal to dry skin. Oily skinned individuals, set this with a powder and wear a shine free primer underneath!


What are your thoughts on the new Maybelline Fit Me Foundation Stick? Will you be purchasing? If you own it, do you like it? Let me know in the comments below :)

Thank you for reading my review, I hope it was helpful :)


Follow on Bloglovin
Follow me on bloglovin' to stay updated with me! :D

12 comments:

  1. I just got this last night. I've used it once so far. I've got pretty oily skin so I'm anxious to see how it works. It looks good on you. Just curious why you covered your eyes in some of the above pictures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! I did so because I was not wearing any eye makeup for these photos, so I thought I looked a little lifeless, but as you saw in the last photo I didn't cover my eyes, so I guess it's a little contradicting! I guess there really is no rhyme or reason as to why...
      Thank you though! And thank you for visiting my blog, I hope the product works in your favor :)

      Delete
  2. I bought mine yesterday and did a review on it as well :)
    I think you look very beautiful and you don't need to cover up your eyes at all!
    Love your blog, and it would be great if maybe you visited mine, give some tips or something ;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your review! I've actually purchased the foundation stick myself & have been using it for over two weeks now. And I'm noticing that I've begun to break out. And I haven't had break outs for a longgg time. Has this eventually happened to you or anyone else? Would love to hear back from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you very much! :D Yes, I did actually experience a few minor break outs from using this for a little bit, which is why I completely stopped using it. I don't know if this product was the exact culprit, but yes, I definitely relate! I might use it for an extended period of time to test it out more. But I'm sorry that happened, it's so unfortunate :(

      Delete
  4. do you need powder with it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally would powder because I have oily/combination skin. It all really depends on the skin type you have! If it's super dry, then you wouldn't need to powder unless you live in a humid/hot climate where your makeup tends to slip, slide or swear off!

      Delete
  5. Hi..I'm from malaysia but unfortunately maybelline fit me foundation stick don't sell
    In malaysia..can u help me where I can buy it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that is unfortunate! :( I am not quite familiar with what access to certain websites you have, but have you tried Ebay? I just searched up the foundation and there is currently a top seller selling it and it will indeed ship to your location! :D Just search up "maybelline fit me stick" on ebay! I hope I was able to help xx

      Delete
  6. I don't think it looks too light on you at all! In fact it looks to be your perfect shade! You look really nice in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think it may be my perfect shade too, which is rare. Thank you so much! :D

      Delete
  7. interesting I just bought mine in the lightest one and can't wait to use it! http://maybemayhemmakeup.blogspot.com.au/ check out my blog its new!

    ReplyDelete